Current user rating: 73/100 (4 votes)
- Drama: Six Martyred Ministers
- Revised romanization: Sa-wook Shin
- Hangul: 사육신
- Director: Yeong-bok Jang
- Writer: In-seo Park, Il-jong Kim
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 24
- Release Date: August 8 - November 1, 2007
- Runtime: 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
The six martyred ministers were six ministers of the Joseon Dynasty who were executed in 1456. They were executed by King Sejo on the charge plotting to return Danjong to the throne. The Six were Seong Sam-mun, Pak Paeng-nyeon, Ha Wi-ji, Yi Gae, Yu Eung-bu, and Yu Seong-won. Most were members of the Hall of Worthies, a high council of state, who had been appointed by King Sejong. King Munjong had charged them looking after his son King Danjong, and they reacted with outrage to Sejo’s usurpation of the throne in 1455. Together with Kim Jil , they plotted a coup to coincide with the visit of a Ming Dynasty envoy. However, Kim Jil changed his mind at the last minute and betrayed the plot to Sejo. The Six were seized and tortured; when they refused to repent and insisted that their actions had been righteous, they were executed. In later years, national opinion came to revere the Six as model subjects, and numerous shrines and seowon were erected in their memory.
- "Six Martyred Ministers" will take over the KBS2 time slot previously occupied by "Scandal in Old Seoul" and followed by "Pretty Insun" on November 7 , 2007.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers