Current user rating: 91/100 (73 votes)
- Movie: Sekigahara
- Romaji: Sekigahara
- Japanese: 関ヶ原
- Director: Masato Harada
- Writer: Ryotaro Shiba (novel), Masato Harada
- Producer: Taichi Ueda, Masao Teshima, Akira Yamamoto
- Cinematographer: Takahide Shibanushi
- Release Date: August 26, 2017
- Runtime: 149 min.
- Distributor: Toho, Asmik Ace Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
On October 21, 1600, the Battle of Sekigahara takes place that ends the Sengoku period and determines a ruler for the new era.
The Battle of Sekigahara takes place between the Western Army, led by Mitsunari Ishida (Junichi Okada), and the Eastern Army, led Ieyasu Tokugawa (Koji Yakusho). Ieyasu Tokugawa attempts to keep a hold of the nation within his greedy grasp.
Even though the Western Army are believed to outnumber the Eastern Army, they take losses on the battlefield. A hidden truth exists. Hatsume (Kasumi Arimura) was sent to spy on Mitsunari Ishida, but falls in love with him.
- Based on the novel "Sekigahara" by Ryotaro Shiba (published from July, 1964 to August, 1966 in Shukan sankei).
- Filming begins mid-August, 2016 and will take about 2 and a half months to finish. Shooting locations include Shiga and Kyoto, Japan.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers