Secret - Korean Movie
Current user rating: 88/100 (61 votes)
- Movie: Secret
- Revised romanization: Sikeurit
- Hangul: 시크릿
- Director: Yoon Jae-Koo
- Writer: Yoon Jae-Koo
- Producer: KWak Jong-Hoon, Kim Myung-Jin, Yoon Kae-Kyun, Lee Hyun-Myung
- Cinematographer: Lee Sung-Jae
- Release Date: December 3, 2009
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Thriller
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Sung-Ryeol (Cha Seung-Won) is a detective in charge of violent crimes. He is having an affair with his colleague’s wife, and it is the reason he loses his own son in a car accident. Wracked with guilt but unable to explain to his wife, Ji-Yeon (Song Yoon-A), what happened on that day and why so she decides to go abroad. Ji-Yeon comes home unexpectedly and insecurely one day, peaking Sung-Ryeol’s curiosity. The next day, Sung-Ryeol finds trace evidence that hints at his wife while investigating a murder scene. He presumes that his wife is connected to the case, and does all he can to keep her from being identified as a suspect. When an unidentified man shows up claiming to know Ji-Yeon is involved and asking for money, the situation is made worse by Ji-Yeon refusing to tell him any kind of truth.
- Early working title for the film was "Saving My Wife" (세이빙 마이 와이프).
- Movie started shooting November 13th, 2008.
- The film's director, Yoon Jae-Koo, previously wrote the screenplay for Seven Days.
|Cha Seung-Won||Song Yoon-A||Ryoo Seung-Ryong||Kim In-Kwon||Park Won-Sang|
|Det. Kim Seong-Ryeol||Yu Ji-Yeon||Jackal||Seok-Jun||Det. Choi|
Additional Cast Members:
- Jung In-Gi - Squad Leader Kang
- Park Hyo-Joo - Hye-Jin
- Park Ha-Young - Soo-Hyun
- Lee Cheol-Min - Jo Dong-Cheol
- Joo Hye-Rin - child 2
- Lim Ki-Hong - detective 1
- Kang Hyun-Joong - detective 2
- Ye Soo-Jung - Ji-Yeon's mother
- Kim Tae-Jong - child's mother
- Kim Dong-Joo - Seok-Jun's mom
- Lee El - Young-Suk
- Kim Min-Kyo - Chang-Ki
- Lee Sang-Hee - funeral guest
- Kim Su-Nam - cop in uniform 2
- Park Jin-Woo - training
- Kwak Min-Ho - young man 2
- Um Tae-Goo - man in hat