Current user rating: 90/100 (103 votes)
- Movie: Samurai Hustle (English title) / Mission Impossible: Samurai (early English title) / Super High Speed ! Alternate Attendance (literal title)
- Romaji: Chokosoku ! Sankin kotai
- Japanese: 超高速！参勤交代
- Director: Katsuhide Motoki
- Writer: Akihiro Dobashi
- Producer: Tadashi Osumi, Takashi Yajima
- Cinematographer: Shoji Ehara
- Release Date: June 21, 2014
- Runtime: 119 min.
- Genre: Drama / Samurai
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
During the reign of the eighth shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate, the Yunagaya Domain in the Tohoku region is a small han. But at the han, there is a gold mine. Suddenly, Masaatsu Naito of Yunagaya Domain receives an order to perform Sankin-kotai within 5 days.
Sankin-kotai is a custom that requires the daimyo to visit the shogun in Edo. Unfortunately, the time needed to visit the shogun in Edo for Masaatsu Naito is 8 days. Masaatsu Naito also learns he received the order because a high ranking government official wants the gold mine. Also, the expense for Sankin-kotai is high and the Yunagaya Domain is such a small han that it seems impossible to complete. Nevertheless, Masaatsu Naito begins an unexpected operation to complete Sankin-kotai in 5 days.
- Screenplay is written by Akihiro Dobashi. His script won the the 37th Kido Award in 2011. The Kido Award is for new screenwriters and awarded by the Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan.
- Filming began September 2, 2013 and finished October 23, 2013 at Shochiku Kyoto Studio.
- Related titles:
- Samurai Hustle | Chokosoku ! Sankin kotai (2014)
- Samurai Hustle Returns | Chokosoku ! Sankin kotai Returns (2016)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers