Current user rating: 94/100 (10 votes)
- Movie: Sorry Apple
- Revised romanization: Sa-kwa
- Hangul: 사과
- Director: Kang Yi-Kwan
- Writer: Kang Yi-Kwan
- Release Date: October 16, 2008
- Runtime: 118 min
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Hyeon-Jeong (Moon So-Ri) got kicked to the curb by Min-Seok (Lee Sun-Kyun), her boyfriend of seven years, in just seven seconds. Broken and teetering on the brink of emotional collapse she goes on a mission to find a new suitor and get married as soon as possible while her biological clock keeps on ticking away. Then Sang-Hoon (Kim Tae-Woo), an awkward man, enters her life. Attracted to his shy demeanor, Hyeon-Jeong develops feelings for him and makes the conscious decision to marry him - until Min-Seok decides he's made a mistake and wants to get back together with her.
- "Sorry Apple" was originally scheduled to open in Korean theaters in the spring of 2005, but entered a three-year period of neglect.
- The film nevertheless received strong response at various film festivals, winning the FIPRESCI Award at the 2005 Toronto International Film Festival and the Best New Screenplay award at the 2005 San Sebastian International Film Festival.
- "Sa-kwa"'s Korean title can be interpreted as either "apology" or "apple".
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers