Current user rating: 93/100 (546 votes)
- Movie: Runway Cop (English title) / Detective Cha (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Cha Hyungsa
- Hangul: 차형사
- Director: Shin Tae-Ra
- Writer: Ko Young-Jae, Kim Kyu-Won
- Producer: Han Sang-Beom
- Cinematographer: Choi Joo-Young
- Release Date: May 31, 2012
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Police
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Detective Cha (Kang Ji-Hwan) smells bad and is overweight. Nevertheless, he is a devoted cop who always tries his best to catch the bad guys. A new case then arises. Illegal narcotics are infiltrating into the fashion industry and a detective is needed to work undercover as a model. There are only 2 detectives taller than 180 centimeters required to work as a fashion model. One of them is Detective Cha and the other detective walks strangely due to to a hemorrhoidectomy. Detective Cha is selected to go undercover as a male model in designer Ko Young-Jae's (Sung Yu-Ri) next fashion show. Designer Ko Young-Jae tells Detective Cha that he has to lose 20 kilograms in 2 weeks so that he can work as a model in her upcoming show. Detective Cha then goes on a strenuous regiment to lose the weight.
- Filming began October 19, 2011 and finished January 20, 2012.
- Actor Kang Ji-Hwan gained 10 kg (22 lb) to portray leading character Detective Cha.
|Kang Ji-Hwan||Sung Yu-Ri||Lee Soo-Hyuk||Kim Young-Kwang||Shin Min-Chul|
|Det. Cha Chul-Soo||Ko Young-Jae||Kim Sun-Ho||Han Seung-Woo||Yeo Min-Seung|
|Shin Jung-Keun||Lee Hee-Joon||Hong Seok-Cheon||Ra Mi-Ran|
|Det. Yoo||Gyung-Seok||Fashion show director||Fashion designer Song|
Additional Cast Members:
- Park Jung-Hak - CEO Tak
- Son Byeong-Wook - Director Kwon
- Yoon Bong-Kil - Det. Yoon
- Lee Tae-Geum - Det. Lee
- Joo Young-Ho - Det. Joo
- Choi Gwi-Hwa - Det. Paeng
- Kim Woo-Bin
- Kim Ji-Young - Ko Young-Jae (child)