Running Man - Korean Movie
Current user rating: 92/100 (278 votes)
- Movie: Running Man
- Revised romanization: Reonningmaen
- Hangul: 런닝맨
- Director: Jo Dong-Oh
- Writer: Jo Dong-Oh
- Producer: Choi Jung-Hwa, Jung Jong-Hoon
- Cinematographer: Jo Sang-Yoon, Park Jung-Woo
- Release Date: April 4, 2013
- Runtime: 127 min.
- Genre: Action / Father & Son
- Distributor: 20th Century Fox
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Jong-Woo (Shin Ha-Kyun) went to prison four times for petty crimes likes burglary and car theft, but he now works as an auto mechanic. He has a 17-year-old son named Gi-Hyuk (Lee Min-Ho), which he raises by himself. Gi-Hyuk is a smart kid, but troubled. The father and the son also do not get along. Although, Jong-Woo might appear like an irresponsible father, he tries his best and even works at night as a private taxi service.
One evening, Jong-Woo drops off a couple at a ritzy hotel. Suddenly, another man hops into Jong-Woo's car and tells him to drive off. Once the man pulls out large stash of cash, Jong-Woo is happy to drive the man wherever he wants. The man asks Jong-Woo to drive him to a delivery company.
Jong-Woo walks into the delivery company and asks for directions to the bathroom. He then notices the man mailing off a small electronic device. The man then comes up to Jong-Woo and offers him $1,000 if he will drive him to an apartment and then to the airport. Jong-Woo happily agrees, but he first grabs the man's cellphone and calls his own cellphone.
Once they get into the parking garage of the apartment complex, Jong-Woo's life is about to turn completely upside down. He runs out of the garage on foot and becomes the prime suspect in a murder case.
Meanwhile, Gi-Hyuk is shocked and confused that his father is now a murder suspect. Gi-Hyuk attempts to uncover the truth.
- Filming began July 28, 2012
- Although movie "Running Man" shares the same title with Korean SBS variety show "Running Man," the two have no have relations.
- "Running Man" is the first South Korean film to receive investment from Fox International Productions, a subsidiary of 20th Century Fox.
|Shin Ha-Kyun||Lee Min-Ho||Kim Sang-Ho|
|Cha Jong-Woo||Cha Gi-Hyuk||An Sang-Ki|
|Jo Eun-Ji||Oh Jung-Se||Park Sang-Wook|
|Park Sun-Young||Jang Do-Sik||hit man|
Additional Cast Members:
- Joo Hyun - Priest Moon
- Jung Suk-Yong - chief of police
- Kim Eui-Sung - NIS section chief
- Park Joo-Hyung - NIS agent
- Nam Kyoung-Eub - Richard Ma
- Han Soo-Yeon - Ga-Yeon
- Ku Hye-Ryeong - An Sang-Ki's wife
- Won Woong-Jae - Detective Choi
- Jeong Gi-Seop - detective 2
- Tae Won-Seock - warehouse employee
- Jung Min-Sung - Reporter Choi
- Kwon Bum-Taek - Ph.d Hong Sung-Hoon
- Han Seung-Hyun - hotel security
- Min Ji-Hyuk - agent 3
- Ki Se-Hyung - agent 4
- Yeom Dong-Hun - (cameo)