Current user rating: 83/100 (336 votes)
Movie depicts the Battle of Myeongryang which took place October 26, 1597. The battle involved Admiral Yi Sun-Shin, who had only 12 ships under his command, against the Japanese navy which had over a hundred ships.
- Filming began January 28, 2013 and finished July 21, 2013.
- "Roaring Currents" sold 4,759,288 tickets at the South Korean box office in its first 5 days of release. Movie is the first film to ever surpass 4 million tickets sales in South Korea. In addition, on August 3, 2014, "Roaring Currents" sold 1,253,653 tickets which is the highest ever single day total at the South Korean box office up to that date.
- On August 10, 2014, "Roaring Currents" surpassed 10,000,000 million tickets sales and became the 12th film to pass that threshold at the South Korean box-office. "Roaring Currents" also surpassed 10 million tickets in 12 days, which is the fastest to date.
- On August 16, 2014, "Roaring Currents" became the all-time best selling film in South Korea. By 11:30AM, "Roaring Currents" sold 13.62 million tickets surpassing "Avatar."
- On August 19, 2014, in its 21st day since release, "Roaring Currents" became the first ever film to surpass 15 million ticket sales at the South Korean box-office.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers