Current user rating: 93/100 (152 votes)
- Movie: Anger (literal title)
- Romaji: Ikari
- Japanese: 怒り
- Director: Sang-il Lee
- Writer: Shuichi Yoshida (novel), Sang-il Lee
- Producer: Shinnosuke Usui
- Cinematographer: Norimichi Kasamatsu
- Release Date: September 17, 2016
- Runtime: 142 min.
- Genre: Suspense / Mystery / Drama
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A man brutally murders a married couple and leaves behind the words "Ikari" ("Anger") written with their blood. The killer undergoes plastic surgery and flees.
At 3 different locations in Japan, a male stranger appear. People there suspect that the stranger might be the murderer.
At a fishing harbor in Chiba, Yohei Maki (Ken Watanabe) works at the harbor and he has a daughter, Aiko (Aoi Miyazaki). Aiko begins to date Tetsuya Tashiro (Kenichi Matsuyama). Yohei begins to suspect that his daughter's boyfriend might be the killer, because he is using a fake name.
In downtown Tokyo, gay male Yuma Fujita (Satoshi Tsumabuki) works at an advertising agency. He meets Naoto Onishi (Gou Ayano) and they begin to live together. While getting Naoto to open his mind, Yuma begins to suspect Naoto as the killer.
In Okinawa, Izumi Komiya (Suzu Hirose) and her mother move to an isolated island there. One day, she takes a walk and meets Shingo Tanaka (Mirai Moriyama). The young is backpacking alone. Izumi gets close to Shingo, but Shingo asks Izumi to not to tell others about him.
- Based on the novel "Ikari" by Shuichi Yoshida (published January 24, 2014 by Chuokoron-Shinsha).
- Movie "Ikari" is the second time director Sang-il Lee has adapted a novel by Shuichi Yoshida into a feature film. He previously adapted Shuichi Yoshida's 2007 novel "Akunin" into 2010 movie "Villain."
- Filming began August 8, 2015 and finishes in mid-October, 2015.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers