Poseidon - Korean Drama
Current user rating: 92/100 (1130 votes)
- Drama: Poseidon
- Revised romanization: Poseidon
- Hangul: 포세이돈
- Director: Yu Cheol-Yong, Oh Sang-Won
- Writer: Jo Kyu-Won
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: September 19, 2011 -- November 8, 2011
- Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
A worldwide criminal syndicate known as Heugsahoe exists. Their boss is Choi Hee-Gon.
In 2008, the leader of the Intelligence Investigation Team of the Maritime Police, Kwon Jung-Ryool (Lee Sung-Jae), forms a secret investigation team to capture crime boss Choi Hee-Gon. Soon, Jung-Ryool gets closer and closer to capturing Choi Hee-Gon. Then, Jung-Ryool's wife Min-Jung suddenly goes missing. Her dead body is then thrown in front of Jung-Ryool. Soon after, other family members involved in the undercover operation are killed.
Seon-Woo (Choi Si-Won) goes undercover on Jung-Ryool's order. Seon-Woo can't stop the mission, even though there's continuous threats on his life. Soon, a policewoman who investigates Seon-Woo is killed. It's clear the the woman's murder was committed by crime boss Choi Hee-Gon, but evidence is still lacking for his arrest. Finally, the undercover operation is abandoned.
2011 - 3 years later, Jung-Ryool appears obsessed with his job ... trying to forget the guilt he feels over the death of his wife. With the help of Hyun Hae-Jung (Jin Hee-Kyung) and a director of the maritime police, Jung-Ryool forms another special investigation team. To avoid the attention of others inside the maritime police and crime boss Choi Hee-Gon, the special investigation team is disguised as the #9 investigation team which is responsible for unsolved cases.
Seon-Woo has been demoted to the country maritime police office in Gunsan City. There, Seon-Woo busts an illegal trafficking organization and runs off with their smuggled goods. Seon-Woo now becomes a fugitive. This is part of Jung-Ryool and Seon-Woo's master plan to catch Choi Hee-Gon. They hope to go through middle man Jung Deok-Soo, nicknamed Popeye. Seon-Woo approaches Popeye with his stolen goods, but Popeye finds out the truth. Seon-Woo's life is now in danger. He is saved with the help tactical team leader Kang Eun-Chul (U-Know Yunho). Seon-Woo and Kang Eun-Chul were former colleagues.
Seon-Woo now joins the #9 investigation team. Seon-Woo also takes an interest in Corporal Soo-Yoon (Lee Si-Young). Meanwhile, Popeye kidnaps Kang Eun-Chul. The abduction of Kang Eun-Chul brings back memories of the slain police officer several years earlier.
- Actors Eric, Kim Kang-Woo, U-Know Yunho and actresses Kim Ok-Bin, Jeon Hye-Bin were originally cast for lead roles in "Poseidon." Filming began in late 2010, but stopped after 20% of the first episode was filmed. The bombardment of Yeonpyeong Island by North Korea on November 23, 2010 and bad weather caused filming to halt. The series also planned to air during the month of May on SBS, but those plans fell through. Actor Kim Kang-Woo and actress Kim Ok-Bin then announced they would resign from the series due to scheduling conflicts. Lead actor Eric then announced he would resign from the series to take the lead role in KBS2 drama "Spy MyeongWol".
- On June 30, 2011 production company Annex Telecom announced KBS2 would air the series.
- On August 1, 2011 production company Annex Telecom announced actor/singer Choi Si-Won and actress Lee Si-Young would takeover the lead roles in "Poseidon"
- "Poseidon" takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Spy MyeongWol" and will be replaced by "Brain" on November 14, 2011.
|Choi Si-Won||Lee Si-Young||Lee Sung-Jae|
|Kim Sun-Woo||Lee Soo-Yoon||Kwon Jung-Ryool|
|Han Jung-Soo||Jung Woon-Taek||Jang Dong-Jik||U-Know Yunho||Jin Hee-Kyung|
|Oh Min-Hyuk||Lee Choong-Sik||Kang Joo-Min||Kang Eun-Chul||Hyun Hae-Jung|
|Lee Byung-Joon||Son Jong-Bum||Park Sung-Kwang||Lee Sang-Hun||Lee Ju-Sil|
|Police Chief Koo||Officer Oh||Kim Dae-Sung||Lee Won-Tak||Cha Myung-Joo|
|Kim Soo-Hyun||Jeon Mi-Sun||Park Won-Suk||Kil Yong-Woo||Im KI-Hyuk|
|Kwon Ha-Na||Park Min-Jung||Uhm Hee-Sook||Oh Yong-Kap||Kim Sang-Soo|
|Kim Tae-Hyung||Kim Yun-Seo||Kim Jun-Bae||Jang Won-Young||Lee Dong-Shin|
|Woo Hyun-Tae||Hong Ji-Ah||Jung Deok-Soo||An Dong-Chool||Kwon Chang-Bum|
|Choi Jung-Woo||Lee Han-Sol||Jung Ho-Bin||Jang Yong||Choi Ran|
|Han Sang-Koon||Chang-Gil||Jung Do-Young||Yoo Young-Gook||Young-Ran|
Additional Cast Members:
- Kim Sun-Kyung - Ko Na-Kyung
- Kim Seung-Pil - safety management employee
- Bae Jin-Sub - Moon Seung-Chan
- Hyun Chul-Ho - Section Chief Seo
- Um Do-Hyun - Kang Eun-Chul (child)
|2011-10-11||8||9.2 (16th)||9.6 (13th)|
|2011-10-17||9||9.2 (17th)||9.2 (18th)|
|2011-10-25||12||9.2 (19th)||8.8 (18th)|
|2011-11-01||14||9.4 (18th)||9.2 (15th)|
|2011-11-08||16||10.3 (15th)||11.5 (9th)|
Source: TNS Media Korea / * NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea.