Current user rating: 99/100 (1 votes)
- Movie: Picaresque
- Romaji: Pikaresuku: Ningen Shikkaku
- Japanese: ピカレスク -人間失格-
- Director: Hidehiro Ito
- Writer: Naoki Inose (novel), Kota Yamada
- Producer: Masashi Kitagawa, Seiichi Ono, Toshihiro Sato
- Cinematography: Shohei Ando
- Release Date: July 27, 2002
- Runtime: 133 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
On June 19, 1948, the bodies of Japanese novelist and short-story writer Osamu Dazai and his lover Tomie Yamazaki are found drowned in the Tamagawa Canal in Tokyo. Osamu Dazai previously attempted to take his own life at least three other times. During the post war period, Osamu Dazai's reached the reached the height of his popularity and he became the literary voice for a "lost generation." After their bodies are found people wondered if Tomie Yamazaki was the cause of Osamu Dazai's death.
- Based on nonfiction novel “Pikaresuku: Dazai Osamu Den” by Naoki Inose (published in 2000 by Shogakukan). Novel is based on the life of writer Osamu Dazai.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers