Current user rating: 95/100 (198 votes)
- Movie: Phantom Detective (English title) / Detective Hong Gil-Dong: Disappeared Village (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Tamjung Honggildong: Sarajin Maeul
- Hangul: 탐정 홍길동: 사라진 마을
- Director: Jo Sung-Hee
- Writer: Jo Sung-Hee
- Producer: Shin Chang-Hwan
- Cinematographer: Byun Bong-Sun
- Release Date: May 4, 2016
- Runtime: 125 min.
- Genre: Action / Noir
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Hong Gil-Dong (Lee Je-Hoon) runs an illegal detective agency with President Hwang (Go Ara). They try to take down evil people following the will of President Hwang's late father. Hong Gil-Dong is able to track virtually anyone down in an hour or less, except for Kim Byeong-Duk (Park Geun-Hyung) who has eluded him for many years. Kim Byeong-Duk is the man who killed Hong Gil-Dong's mother. Hong Gil-Dong's memory begins at the age of 8 when he was mother was killed.
Finally, Hong Gil-Dong learns of Kim Byeong-Duk's location and drives there late at night. Right before he arrives, Kim Byeong-Duk is kidnapped and only his granddaughters Dong-Yi (Roh Jeong-Eui) and Mal-Soon (Kim Ha-Na) are left. Following his urge for revenge, Hong Gil-Dong takes the granddaughters to find their grandfather. Soon, Hong Gil-Dong finds himself up against the ultra dark and powerful Gwangeunhwe organization.
- Filming began December 2, 2014 and finished April 16, 2015.
- Hong Gil-Dong is a fictitious character from an old Korean novel "Tale of Hong Gil-Dong."
- First acting role for actor Lee Je-Hoon since fulfilling his mandatory South Korean military enlistment on July 24, 2014.
- Early working title was "Myungtamjung Honggildong" ("Detective Hong Gil-Dong").
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers