Current user rating: 94/100 (72 votes)
- Movie: Painted Skin
- Chinese: 画皮 (Hua Pi)
- Director: Gordon Chan
- Writer: Lau Ho Leung, Abe Kwong, Gordon Chan
- Producer: Andy Wing-Keung Chin, Donnie Yen, Wilson Yip, Li-Kong Hsu
- Cinematography: Arthur Wong
- Release Date: September 28, 2008
- Runtime: 100 min.
- Language: Mandarin
- Country: China
In China 2,000 years ago, General Wang captures Xiaowei (Zhou Xun), a woman of unsurpassed beauty. Soon after Wang brings her to his castle, she starts to attract people with her beauty, which makes Wang's wife (Vicki Zhao) suspicious. At the same time, dead bodies are discovered around the castle with their hearts missing.
- "Painted Skin" (Hua Pi) is an adaptation of the ancient Chinese story of the same name from the Chinese classic "Strange Tales From A Chinese Studio".
- Production took 10 weeks, filmed on location in the northern desert region of Nongxia, China and the world's largest studio, Heng Dian Studio in the eastern province of Zhejiang, China.
- Film's budget totaled $15 million USD.
- Painted Skin is Hong Kong's entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 81st Academy Awards.
- Related titles:
- Painted Skin: The Resurrection | Hua Pi 2 (2012)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers