Oshin - Japanese Movie
Current user rating: 88/100 (69 votes)
- Movie: Oshin
- Romaji: Oshin
- Japanese: おしん
- Director: Shin Togashi
- Writer: Sugako Hashida, Kota Yamada
- Producer: Kensuke Zushi, Nobuyuki Tanizawa, Arimasa Okada
- Cinematographer: Shuichiro Suzuki
- Release Date: October 12, 2013
- Runtime: 109 min.
- Genre: Drama / Children
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A young girl named Oshin is sent to work for another family, because of her own family's financial condition. Nevertheless, the young girl lives strongly.
- "Oshin" is based on the NHK drama series "Oshin," which ran from April 4, 1983 to March 31, 1984.
- Child actress Kokone Hamada was selected to play Oshin Tanimura after auditioning among 2471 other candidates.
- Filming began February 8, 2013 in Shonai Movie Village and Tsuruoka in Yamagata Prefecture and finished April 3, 2013.
|Kokone Hamada||Aya Ueto||Goro Inagaki||Pinko Izumi||Kayoko Kishimoto|
|Oshin Tanimura||Fuji Tanimura||Sakuzo Tanimura||Kuni||Tsune|
|Manami Igashira||Ayako Kobayashi||Shinnosuke Mitsushima||Ryosuke Nogi||Jitsuko Yoshimura|
- 2013 (23rd) Focus on Asia-Fukuoka International Film Festival - September 13-23, 2013 - Japanese New Films Premiere
- 2013 (33rd) Hawaii International Film Festival - October 10-20, 2013 - Spotlight on Japan *North American Premiere