Current user rating: 93/100 (369 votes)
- Movie: Nodame Cantabile: The Final Score - Part I / Nodame Cantabile The Movie I
- Romaji: Nodame Kantabire saishuu gakushou - Zenpen
- Japanese: のだめカンタービレ 最終楽章 前編
- Director: Hideki Takeuchi
- Writer: Tomoko Ninomiya (manga), Rin Eto
- Assistant Director: Yasuhiro Kawamura, Munenori Sekino
- Producer: Hiroki Wakamatsu
- Cinematographer: Hideo Yamamoto
- Release Date: December 19, 2009
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Music
- Studio: Fuji TV
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Chiaki Shinichi (Hiroshi Tamaki) wins the prestigious Platini International Music Competition and becomes the new orchestra conductor for the Le Marlet Orchestra. Chiaki then goes with Frank (Eiji Wentz) to observe the orchestra and is astonished by their poor performance. It seems due to lack of funding the orchestra lost many of its members & the interest of its audience.
Meanwhile, Nodame (Juri Ueno) prepares for a graduation exam at her music school. She is happy that Chiaki has finally become a conductor and becomes even more enthusiastic when Chiaki asks her to play Ravel's "Bolero" with the orchestra. But, her excitement soon turns to disappointment when Son Rui (Yu Yamada) takes her part in the "Bolero" performance. Nodame tries to hide her disappointment from Chiaki.
The performance itself turns out to be a bomb. The audience laughs while Chiaki tries to do his best. Chiaki thinks back to his first practice with the S Orchestra and his teacher Franz Strezemann (Naoto Takenaka).
Nodame attempts to comfort Chiaki after the performance, with Nodame and Chiaki eventually deciding that they will make the next one a success. Chiaki holds an audition for new members in his orchestra, while Nodame takes care of the promotional activities.
Finally, the performance is set to begin. The concert hall is packed thanks to Nodame's efforts. Nodame is excited about the performance, but also has an uneasy feeling as well. Chiaki then takes the stage, holds his conducting baton in the air and ...
- "Nodame Cantabile" is adapted from Tomoko Ninomiya's serial manga "Nodame Cantabile" (first published in July 10, 2001).
- The original manga is based on a real life person, Megumi Noda, who was a music college student at the time of the comic book publication and is now a piano teacher in Fukuoka.
- The movie version will contain two parts: Part 1 will be released in Dec. 2009 and Part 2 will be released in spring 2010.
- The script for the live acton movie "Nodame Cantabile" will take place shortly after the "Nodame Cantabile in Europe" drama special.
- Filming for the live action "Nodame Cantabile" is set to run from May, 2009 through September, 2009. Shooting took place in five different countries: Japan, France, Austria, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic.
- Related titles:
- Nodame Cantabile (Fuji TV / 2006)
- Nodame Cantabile in Europe (Fuji TV / 2008)
- Nodame Cantabile The Movie I | Nodame Kantabire saishu gakusho - Zenpen (2009)
- Nodame Cantabile The Movie II | Nodame Kantabire saishu gakusho - Gopen (2010)
- Naeil's Cantabile | Naeildo Kantabilre (KBS2 / 2014)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers