Current user rating: 90/100 (435 votes)
- Movie: My Tutor Friend
- Revised romanization: Donggabnaegi Gwawoehagi
- Hangul: 동갑내기 과외하기
- Director: Kim Kyung-Hyung
- Writer: Choi Soo-Wan, Park Yeon-Sun
- Producer: Jang Yeong-Kwon
- Cinematographer: Ji Kil-Woong
- Release Date: February 07, 2003
- Runtime: 110 Min.
- Genre: Romantic-Comedy
- Production Company: Corea Entertainment
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Su-Wan (Kim Ha-Neul) is a sophomore in college, and she works part-time as a tutor to cover her tuition. She has had bad experiences so far with her students. She then meets quite possibly the most impossible to teach student yet Ji-Hoon (Kwon Sang-Woo).
Ji-Hoon comes from a wealthy family and at school is the known as the best fighter around. He's also the king of troublemakers. Ji-Hoon is now repeating his high school senior year for the third time. He's also resistant to taking Su-Wan's tutoring lessons. Meanwhile, Su-Wan nearly reaches her boiling point and contemplates to quit her job, but the thought of telling her mother makes her continue on. Can Su-Wan ever get through to Ji-Hoon?
- The origin of this movie was the Internet episode series "Su-wanee - My Tutor Friend"". In June 2000, Choi Su-wan, a real-life English Literature major, posted on the Internet twenty episodes about her experience in tutoring. Each episode was viewed by 15,000 Netizens on average. The eye-catching series was then featured in www.puha.co.kr, a website specializing in comic episodes. The popularity caught on in printed medium as a comic series in the monthly Issue under the title "He and I" by Shim Hye-jin. This was then published in one volume in 2001 by Daewon C.I., and in the same year its screenplay version was born.
- Related titles:
- My Tutor Friend 2 | Donggabnaegi gwawoehagi Two (2007)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers