Current user rating: 91/100 (110 votes)
- Movie: My So Has Got Depression
- Romaji: Tsure ga Utsu ni Narimashite
- Japanese: ツレがうつになりまして。
- Director: Kiyoshi Sasabe
- Writer: Tenten Hosokawa (manga), Takeshi Aoshima
- Producer: Mitsuru Kurosawa, Naoya Kinoshita, Hirohumi Shigemura, Takashi Hirajo, Hideyuki Hukuhara, Tadayoshi Kubota, Tatsuya Kunimatsu, Masaaki Usui
- Cinematographer: Takeshi Hamada
- Release Date: October 8, 2011
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Genre: Drama / Mental-Illness / Award Winning
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Mikio (Masato Sakai) is a married man and works hard for the company where he is employed. Then one day Mikio is diagnosed with depression. Mikio's wife is Haruko (Aoi Miyazaki). They have been married for 5 years. Haruko draws comics for work, but they do not sell well. She mainly relied on Mikio for support. Meanwhile, Haruko did not notice any changes in her husband. She begins to blame herself for not noticing any signs. Mikio's depression derived from his work. His company has been pressing him to quit the company. After Mikio quits his job his condition improves, but the dynamics of their relationship changes.
- Based on the manga "Tsure ga Utsu ni Narimashite" by female manga artist Tenten Hosokawa. The manga also inspired the NHK 2009 drama "How Do I Cope with My Husband's Depression?".
- Movie director Kiyoshi Sasabe planned directing the film for 4 years.
- Filming began January 9th and is expected to finish early February.
- Aoi Miyazaki & Masato Sakai previously worked together in the 2008 taiga drama "Atsuhime".
- Related titles:
- How Do I Cope with My Husband's Depression? | Tsure ga utsu ni narimashite (NHK / 2009)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers