Current user rating: 90/100 (1012 votes)
- Drama: My Mister (English & literal title)
- Revised romanization: Naui Ajusshi
- Hangul: 나의 아저씨
- Director: Kim Won-Suk
- Writer: Park Hae-Young
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: March 21, 2018 --
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:30
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A man (Lee Sun-Kyun) in his 40's withstands the weight of life. A woman (IU) in her 20's goes through difficult experiences, but also withstands the weight of her life. The man and woman get together to help each other.
Dong-Hoon (Lee Sun-Kyun) is married to Yoon-Hee (Lee Ji-Ah). His wife is secretly having an affair with a senior executive at the construction company where he works. Yoon-Hee wants to divorce Dong-Hoon and marry the executive, Joon-Young (Kim Young-Min). Dong-Hoon also has two brothers who live with his mother. The oldest brother, Sang-Hoon (Park Ho-San), doesn't have a job and he is separated from his wife. Gi-Hoon (Song Sae-Byeok) is the youngest brother and he wants to become a movie director.
Meanwhile, Ji-An (IU) lives in a difficult situation. She supports her grandmother who is unable to move by herself. Ji-An is also in heavy debt and is harassed by loan shark Gwang-Il (Chang Ki-Yong). She works as a temp employee at the same construction company as Dong-Hoon. One day, she sees Dong-Hoon receive 50 million won ($50,000 USD) of gift certificates. She goes back to the office late at night and takes the gift certificates from Dong-Hoon's desk. She tries to pay off her debts with the gift certificates, but her plan doesn't work out.
Ji-An learns that Joon-Young, the company Vice President, is having an affair with Dong-Hoon's wife. She goes to Joon-Young and offers to make Dong-Hoon leave the company if he will pay her.
- "My Mister" takes over the tvN Wed. & Thu. 21:30 time slot previously occupied by "Mother" and followed by "Why Secretary Kim" May, 2018.
- First script reading took place December 18, 2017 in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea.
- Na Moon-Hee was originally cast to play supporting character Byeon Yo-Soon, but she had to drop out due to scheduling issues. Ko Du-Shim was then cast to play Byeon Yo-Soon.
- Oh Dal-Su was originally cast to play supporting character Park Sang-Hoon. He dropped out of the drama series on on February 27, 2018 due to sexual harassment/assault claims from his past. Park Ho-San was then cast to play Park Sang-Hoon.
- Ep.1 will run for 90 minutes (20 minutes longer than other episodes).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers