My Best Bodyguard
Current user rating: 59/100 (20 votes)
- Movie: My Best Bodyguard
- Chinese: 我的最佳保镖
- Director: Sirippakorn Wongchariyawat
- Release Date: 21 October 2010
- Distributor: Oriental Eyes / Media Asia
- Language: Thai, English
- Country: Thailand
In 2002, SARS killed over 800 people.
Then, in 2007, the bird flu broke out and killed over 60 of those infected. In early 2009, the swine flu virus infected 2,400 and killed over 40 in one month alone.
Those viruses are from animals? What if the viruses come from human?
Here we are in Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand. A new virus is about to emerge, a virus that could kill the whole nation in the blink of an eye. The information of the virus is sent to Nicha, a famous news reporter from Thailand. The closer she gets to the truth, the more she is in danger. She finally found out that the virus was actually caused by a foreign medicine company that used 7 people for the experiment instead of the lab rats. Nicha wanted to stop these practices for the sake of human rights. She wanted to inform the public about the source of the virus and expose the inhumane practices of the company. She started her investigation by searching for the 7 individuals used as the lab rats. One of the human lab rats has the blood that cures the rest.
In the middle of Nicha's search, which is actively hindered by the foreign medicine company, the government has a secret mission to kill all of the seven "lab rats". Nicha has to find them to protect them.
Their fate, and the survival of the nation is in her hands, but time is running out fast
- For "My Best Bodyguard," Hong Kong distributor Media Asia will distribute the film internationally, while Oriental Eyes will distribute the film domestically in Thailand.
- Hong Kong actor Shawn Yue will play a businessman who works for an international medicine company. The medicine company has developed a vaccine for human immunity.
- Actress Ubolratana Rajakanya is the real life daughter of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Regent Sirikit of Thailand.