Nobody voted on this yet
- Movie: Moonlight Serenade
- Romaji: Setouchi munraito serenade
- Japanese: 瀬戸内ムーンライト・セレナーデ
- Director: Masahiro Shinoda
- Writer: Yu Aku (novel), Katsuo Naruse
- Producer: Masaru Koibuchi, Taketo Niitsu
- Cinematographer: Tatsuo Suzuki
- Release Date: March 15, 1997
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
"Moonlight Serenade" opens with a journalist reporting on the 1997 Kobe earthquake, as he remembers a trip made as a young boy. Then, he and his family takes a boat trip from Awaji to Beppu in order to bury the ashes of his elder brother, killed in the just-ended WWII. He spends much of the trip trying to talk to his elder brother out of running away. They encounter an array of characters on their journey. Most prominent among them a black marketeer who, like the elder brother, feels that the "new ways" can only benefit him, and work against the boys' father, who is strict and traditional.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers