Current user rating: 90/100 (395 votes)
- Drama: Moon River (English title) / The Return of Il Ji-Mae (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Dolahon Il Ji-Mae
- Hangul: 돌아온 일지매
- Director: Hwang In-Roe, Kim Do-Hyung
- Writer: Kim Kwang-Sik, Ko Woo-Yeong (comic)
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 24
- Release Date: January 21 - April 9, 2009
- Runtime: Wed. & Thurs. 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
He was born out of wedlock and his father was a high-ranking Champan official while his mother was a lowly servant. To protect the honor of his father’s family, he was abandoned as a baby and tucked underneath an apricot tree. He was given the name Iljimae (A branch of Apricot Tree).
Iljimae was adopted by a family who lived in the Qing Kingdom. After tracing his roots back to Korea, his father rejects him once more.
With a heavy heart, he returns to his country and unleashes his anger upon the ruling class to fight their injustice and tyranny for the sake of the commoners. Wherever he appears to uphold justice, he leaves behind a single branch of an apricot tree...
Wol-hee is the one woman in Iljimae’s life who reconnects him to the world as he lives an isolated existence and hides his face behind a mask to be a hero to the people.
- Based on the serial comic strip "Iljimae" by Woo-yeong Ko, which appeared in the Daily Sports from 1975-1977.
- The 2008 SBS drama "Il Ji-Mae: The Phantom Thief," starring Jun-ki Lee is also based on the Il Ji-mae character, though the SBS drama focused more on social matters, while "Moon River" focuses more on Il Ji-mae's personal life.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers