Missing (2009-South Korea)
Current user rating: 84/100 (65 votes)
- Movie: Missing
- Revised romanization: Sil Jong
- Hangul: 실종
- Director: Kim Sung-Hong
- Writer: Kim Young-Ok
- Producer: Jo Sun-Mook, Oh Sung-Il
- Cinematography: Jung Han-Chung
- Release Date: March 19, 2009
- Runtime: 98 min.
- Genre: Suspense-Thriller / Award Winning
- Distributor: Synergy
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Hyeon-jeong's sister is missing and she fears for the worst. Via her sister's cellphone, Hyeon-jeong learns that her sister stayed in a countryside vaillage. She goes to the village to find her sister and stops at the local police station for help. Because of the little evidence she has, the police refuse to offer help.
Hyeong-jeong then finds a witness who thinks she saw her missing sister near the home of an elderly man Pan-kon. When Hyeong-jeong eventually arrives at the elderly man's home, her worst nightmares are to begin.
- Movie is based on the true story of a 70 year old South Korean fisherman who killed four woman between September & August, 2007 in Bosung, South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
- Events have been fictionalized for the movie.
|Moon Sung-Geun||Choo Ja-Hyun||Jeon Se-Hong|
Additional Cast Members:
- Hwang Eun-Jeong - Mi-Ja
- Nam Moon-Chul - Duk-Gu
- Lee Bong-Kyu - director
- Son Young-Soon - old woman
- Kwon Oh-Jin - detective
- Lee Eun-Hee
- 2009 (13th) Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival - July 16th-26th - World Fantastic Cinema
- 2009 (32nd) Golden Cinematography Awards - December, 2009
- Best New Actress (Jeon Se-Hong)
- Bronze Medal Cinematography