Current user rating: 91/100 (3370 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A father (Ryoo Seung-Ryong), who is mentally handicapped, but loves his daughter very much, is falsely accused of a crime and sent to prison. Later, his daughter Ye-Seung (Park Shin-Hye, who is a law school student, works to prove his innocence.
Back in 1997, Yong-Goo lives happily with his daughter Ye-Seung (Kal So-Won), even though he has the intelligence of a child. They stop by a shop everyday to look at a yellow Sailor Moon backpack that he hopes to buy his daughter. One day, they notice that the last yellow Sailor Moon backpack is being sold. Yong-Goo goes inside the store to plead his case, but the father buying the backpack ends up slapping Yong-Goo.
The following day, the girl who bought the yellow Sailor Moon backpack sees Yong-Goo working in the grocery store parking lot. She tells him that she knows another store that sells the same yellow backback. Yong-Goo follows the girl to a traditional outdoor market. A short while later, the girl is laying on the ground unconscious and Yong-Goo is trying to perform CPR. A woman walks by and calls the police.
Yong-Goo is accused of kidnap and murder. The father of the dead girl is also the chief of the National Police Agency. Yong-Goo is given the death penalty and incarcerated. In prison, Yong-Goo shares a jail cell with five other inmates. One day, Yong-Goo saves the life of his cellmate So Yang-Ho (Oh Dal-Su) from a rival prison gang leader. So Yang-Ho then offers to help Yong-Goo in any way he can to return the favor. Yong-Goo tells So Yang-Ho that he wants to see his daughter Ye-Seung. The five inmates then plan to make a miracle happen.
- Filming began June 20, 2012 in Daejeon, South Korea. The first scene filmed involved Yong-Goo (Ryoo Seung-Ryong) who meets his cellmates in cell block 7 for the first time.
- Filming finished October 10, in Iksan, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea. The last scene filmed took place at a prison in Iksan, Jeollabuk-do. The scene involved Yong-Goo (Ryoo Seung-Ryong) and the other prisoners carrying out a mission to get a chance for a temporary release.
- Early working title was "12 Wol 23 Il" (literally "December 23").
- On February 23, 2012, "Miracle in Cell No.7" became the 9th film to ever surpass 10 million admissions in South Korea.
- On March 1, 2013, "Miracle in Cell No.7" passed 11 million admissions and now the 8th all time best selling film in South Korea.
- On March 9, 2013, "Miracle in Cell No.7" passed 12 million admissions in South Korea and became the 6th all time best selling film.
- On March 15, 2013, "Miracle in Cell No.7" became the 4th best selling film ever in South Korea. By 3:30 PM on March 15, 2013, the movie has sold 12.32 million tickets and only trails "The Thieves," (12.98 million), "The Host" (13 million), "Avatar" (13.3 million).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers