Current user rating: 88/100 (146 votes)
- Movie: Midsummer Formula (English title) / A Midsummer's Equation (literal title)
- Romaji: Manatsu no Houteishiki
- Japanese: 真夏の方程式
- Director: Hiroshi Nishitani
- Assistant Director: Yasukazu Sugiyama
- Writer: Keigo Higashino
- Producer: Yoshihiro Suzuki, Naohito Inaba, Shinya Furugori, Megumi Osawa
- Cinematographer: Katsumi Yanagishima
- Release Date: June 29, 2013
- Runtime: 129 min.
- Genre: Mystery / Suspense-Thriller
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Manabu Yukawa (Masaharu Fukuyama) is invited for a presentation on Submarine Mineral Resources Development in Harigaura. He stays at an inn. Manabu meets Kyohei who came to the inn, which is run by his aunt's family, for summer vacation. The next morning, Tsukahara, who is another guest at the inn, is found dead on the bank of a port. Manabu becomes involved in the case.
- Based on the novel "Manatsu no Houteishiki" by Keigo Higashino (published June 6, 2011 by Bungeishunjū Ltd.). Novel is part of the mystery series "Galileo," first novel "Taiten Galileo" was published May, 1998 by Bungeishunjū Ltd.
- Filming began September 23, 2012 in Shizuoka.
- Related titles:
- Galileo (Fuji TV / 2007)
- Galileo: Episode Zero (Fuji TV / 2008)
- Suspect X | Yogisha X no kenshin (2008)
- Perfect Number | Yonguija X (2012)
- Galileo 2 (Fuji TV / 2013)
- Midsummer Formula | Manatsu no Houteishiki (2013)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers