Current user rating: 100/100 (1 votes)
- Drama: Manpuku
- Romaji: Manpuku
- Japanese: まんぷく
- Director: Yoshio Watanabe, Mojiri Adachi
- Writer: Yasushi Fukuda
- Network: NHK
- Episodes: 151
- Release Date: October 1, 2018 - March 30, 2019
- Runtime: Monday - Saturday 8:00-8:15 (15 min.)
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in Osaka before the war.
Fukuko (Sakura Ando) has a mother and two older sisters. She and her family are poor, but she is loved by her family. Her oldest sister becomes sick and dies. Her second sister gets married and leaves their home. Fukuko decides to encourage herself.
A few incidents leads to Fukuko meeting young businessman Manpei (Hiroki Hasegawa). They fall in love and eventually marry. Manpei’s business goes through a cycle of success and failures. Fukuko at first only tolerates Manpei's ideas, but she gains strength and supports him in his unique business ventures. Finally, the couple develop instant ramen.
- "Manpuku" is NHK's 99th adadora.
- Based on the true story of Momofuku Ando and Masako Ando. Momofuku Ando founded Nissin Food Products which introduced the first instant ramen noodles Chikin Ramen and later Cup Noodles.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers