Current user rating: 92/100 (114 votes)
- Drama: The Long Goodbye
- Romaji: Rongu Guddobai
- Japanese: ロング・グッドバイ
- Director: Kentaro Horikirizono
- Writer: Raymond Chandler (novel), Aya Watanabe
- Network: NHK
- Episodes: 5
- Release Date: April 19 - May 17, 2014
- Runtime: Saturdays 21:00-21:58
- TV Ratings: 4.9% (weekly average)
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in Tokyo, Japan during the 1950's.
Tamotsu (Gou Ayano) is suspected of murdering his actress wife Shizuka Harada (Rina Ohta). He flees to Taiwan and commits suicide. Tamotsu’s friend Banji Masuzawa (Tadanobu Asano) works as a private detective. Banji has doubts about Tamotsu’s death, but the case is covered up by powerful media mogul Heizo Harada (Akira Emoto).
Banji is then involved in another case involving the neighbors of the Harada family. He encounters drunk novelist Joji Kamiido (Arata Furuta), a publish company editor (Tomorowo Taguchi) and finally a beautiful woman Aiko (Koyuki) who holds the key to case. As it looks likes Banji has solved the case, something unexpected occurs.
- Based on the novel "The Long Goodbye" by Raymond Chandler (published 1953 by Hamish Hamilton).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers