Current user rating: 80/100 (3 votes)
- Movie: Let the Blue River Run
- Revised romanization: Pureun Kangeun Heulreora
- Hangul: 푸른 강은 흘러라
- Director: Kang Mi-Ja
- Writer: Lee Ji-Sang
- Producer: Lee Ji-Sang
- Cinematographer: Kim Woo-Hyung, Lee Ji-Sang
- World Premiere: October 2008 (Pusan Int. Film Fest.)
- Release Date: October 8, 2009
- Runtime: 77 min.
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
"Let the Blue River Run" is set within the Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture of China. Two 17 year old youths, Suk-yi and Cheol-yi are in the 2nd year and 3rd year of high school respectively. They are close friends that have studied together and helped each other. They made a promise once to stay blue like the nearby Duman River.
Cheol-yi's mother went away to South Korea to work in a harsh environment. One day, Cheol-yi receives money from his mother and decides to use the money on a motorcycle and cellphone. Suk-yi noticing the change in Cheol-yi, tries to get the old Cheol-yi back.
- Adaptation of Yanbian authors Chun-sik Liang and Nam-hyun Kim.
- "Let the Blue River Run" received a limited theatrical release playing on 3 screens and selling 37 tickets during its opening Oct. 9th-11th weekend.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers