Current user rating: 85/100 (8 votes)
- Movie: Leonie
- Romaji: Reoni
- Japanese: レオニー
- Director: Hisako Matsui
- Assistant Director: Yoshimasa Fujie
- Writer: David Wiener, Hisako Matsui
- Producer: Ashok Amritraj, Yuki Ito, Hisako Matsui, Masao Nagai
- Cinematographer: Tetsuo Nagata
- World Premiere: October 16, 2010 (Hawaii International Film Festival)
- Release Date: November 20, 2010
- Runtime: 132 min.
- Genre: Drama / Biopic
- Distributor: Kadokawa Pictures
- Language: English
- Country: USA, Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
"Leonie" covers the life of American educator Leonie Gilmour and her 50 year journey as a single mother who resisted early 20th century norms in the U.S. and Japan. She influenced heavily the freethinking thought process of her Japanese husband, the celebrated writer Yone Noguchi.
- Based on the life of Leonie Gilmour, the American wife of Japanese writer Yone Noguchi and mother of sculptor Isamu Noguchi and dancer Ailes Gilmour.
- Filming took place from April through mid July, 2009. Shooting locations took place in Kagawa, Japan, Santa Ynez, California, and New Orleans, Louisiana.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers