Current user rating: 78/100 (110 votes)
- Movie: Lady Maiko (English title)
- Romaji: Maiko wa Lady
- Japanese: 舞妓はレディ
- Director: Masayuki Suo
- Writer: Masayuki Suo
- Producer: Ken Tsuchiya, Takao Tsuchimoto, Shintaro Horikawa
- Cinematographer: Rokuro Terada
- Assistant Director: Shozo Katashima
- Release Date: September 13, 2014
- Runtime: 135 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Musical / Award Winning
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Haruko was born and raised in Kagoshima Prefecture, but now lives in Kyoto. To become a maiko (apprentice geisha) in the entertainment district of Kyoto, Haruko struggles to learn the Kyoto dialect, songs and dances.
- Newcomer Mone Kamishiraishi was selected among 800 applicants who took part in auditions over a 6 month period.
- Filming for the fall scenery took place in autumn, 2012. Majority of the film will then be filmed beginning May, 2013 at a studio that replicates the Kyoto entertainment district, around the Kyoto area and in the suburbs of Tokyo.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers