Current user rating: 90/100 (6 votes)
- Movie: Kyoto Story
- Romaji: Kyoto Uzumasa Monogatari
- Japanese: 京都太秦物語
- Director: Yoji Yamada, Tsutomu Abe
- Release Date: September 18, 2010
- Runtime: 90 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Higashide Kyoko is a university librarian. She also helps her parents with their drycleaning company. She is involved with a childhood friend from the neighborhood, Yanase Kota. He is the son of the local tofu maker and has begun a moderately successful career as a stand-up comedian. A visiting lecturer from Tokyo falls head-over-heels in love with Kyoko and asks her to go abroad with him to Beijing, where he has to spend the next few years for his research. But Kyoko cannot decide. -- Berlin International Film Festival
- "Kyoto Story" is set in Uzumasa, one of the oldest parts of Kyoto city.
- The film is a collaboration between Yoji Yamada & students from Ritsumeikan University, where Yamada is a guest professor.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers