Current user rating: 86/100 (14 votes)
- TV Movie: Kurobe no Taiyo
- Romaji: Kurobe no Taiyo
- Japanese: 黒部の太陽
- Director: Shunsaku Kawake
- Writer: Shoji Kimoto (novel), Sumio Omori
- Network: Fuji TV
- Episodes: 1
- Release Date: March 21-22, 2009
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Shingo Katori stars as Kuramatsu, a manager- foreman for Kumagaya Construction. In order to solve an acute energy shortage in the Kansai region, Kansai Electric Power decided to built a massive hydroelectric dam on the upper Kurobe River. However, the project requires the drilling of a huge tunnel that some, including Kuramatsu, believe is impossible.
A year after construction starts, the project has been marred by accidents and media scandals, pushing Kuramatsu to the edge of his sanity.
- As part of Fuji TV's 50th anniversary commemoration, the TV station broadcasted a new, two-part drama about the construction of Toyama Prefecture's Kurobe Dam in the late 1950s, a story that inspired a hugely popular movie starring the late Yujiro Ishihara called "Kurobe no Taiyo" ("The Sun of Kurobe").
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers