Current user rating: 91/100 (6 votes)
- Movie: Whale Island's Thing Left Behind (literal title)
- Romaji: Kujira no Shima no Wasuremono
- Japanese: クジラの島の忘れもの
- Director: Yuji Makino
- Writer: Ureha Shimada
- Producer: Noboru Miyashita
- Cinematographer: Takahiro Imai
- Release Date: May 12, 2018
- Runtime: 98 min.
- Distributor: Omuro Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Aimi (Ito Ono) lost her mother during the Kyoto earthquake in 1995 and became an orphan. She movied to Okinawa to see whale's jumping out of the water again. She has memories of watching the whales with her mother. She is now tired of living and doesn't have much hope. She also can't see the whales jump. During this time, she meets a young Vietnamese man, Koa Guen (Win Morisaki). He came to Okinawa to receive training at an IT company. Aimi is moved by Koa Guen who misses his hometown and has passion for his work. Aimi comes to face her life and develops feelings for Koa Guen.
- Filming takes place at the end of January, 2017 in (Zamami and Naha) Okinawa, Japan. Filming will also take place in Vietnam.
- Movie is the first feature length film directed by Yuji Makino. He is a native of Okinawa, Japan.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers