Current user rating: 89/100 (2 votes)
- Movie: Konshin
- Romaji: Konshin
- Japanese: 渾身
- Director: Yoshinari Nishikori
- Writer: Kenichi Kawakam (novel), Yoshinari Nishikori
- Producer: Haruhisa Ishizuka
- Cinematographer: Kosuke Matsushima
- Release Date: January 12, 2013
- Runtime: 134 min.
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Genre: Drama / Wrestling
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Tamiko (Ayumi Ito) lives happily with her husband Hideaki (Sho Aoyagi) and step-daughter Kotoyo (Hazuki Inoue). Tamiko married her deceased friend Mari's (Mami Nakamura) husband. Tamiko gets along well with her step-daughter Kotoyo, but Kotoyo still doesn't call her mother.
There is a traditional sumo game held to celebrate the moving of Mizuwakasu's shrine. The traditional sumo game is important to Tamiko who grew up on the island, while her husband Hideaki's reputation is not so good on the island because he broke off his engagement to a woman his parents set him up with. In order to marry his first wife Mari, he ran away from the island. Since then, his parents disowned him. Nevertheless, Hideaki and his first wife Mari still liked the island and went back to live there. Hideaki began sum wrestling then.
|Ayumi Ito||Sho Aoyagi||Masahiro Komoto||Naomi Zaizen|
|Tamiko Sakamoto||Hideaki Sakamoto||Kiyokazu Yamamoto||Nobue Obayashi|
|Hazuki Inoue||Takashi Sasano||Hatsunori Hasegawa||Katsuo Nakamura|
|Kotoyo Sakamoto||Tsuyoshi Nagami||Chuji Yoshida||Kazuchiyo Hosoda|
Additional Cast Members:
- 2012 (36th) Montreal World Film Festival - August 23-September 03, 2012 - Focus On World Cinema *World Premiere
- 2013 (33rd) Hawaii International Film Festival - October 10-20, 2013 - Spotlight on Japan *U.S. Premiere
- 2012 (25th) Tokyo International Film Festival - October 20-28, 2012 - Special Screenings