Current user rating: 91/100 (158 votes)
- Drama: Kenji Miyazawa's Table (literal title)
- Romaji: Miyazawa Kenji no Shokutaku
- Japanese: 宮沢賢治の食卓
- Director: Osamu Minorikawa
- Writer: Santa Uonome (manga), Natsuko Ikeda
- Producer: Yuji Hiratai
- Network: WOWOW
- Episodes: 5
- Release Date: June 17 - July 15, 2017
- Runtime: Saturday 22:00 - 23:00
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In 1921, Kenji Miyazawa (Ryohei Suzuki) left a wealthy family and went to Tokyo. Standing on his own two feet, he lived there for 8 months. Late summer, Kenji received a telegram from his family. Worried about his younger sister Toshi, Kenji returned to his family. What waited for Kenji there, was Kenji's father Masajiro. His father had deceived Kenji about the health of his younger sister, because he was worried about Kenji living alone. Meanwhile, Kenji has still not found his true calling in life. Kenji makes korokke (potato croquettes), which he tasted in Tokyo, and shares it with his family. He realizes that sharing his happiness is ideal for him. In accordance with Toshi's wish, Kenji becomes a teacher at a newly created agricultural school.
- "Kenji Miyazawa's Table" takes over WOWOW's Saturday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Hokuto" and followed by "Plage" on August 12, 2017.
- Based on the manga "Miyazawa Kenji no Shokutaku" by Santa Uonome (first published March 27, 2017 by Shonen Gahosha).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers