Current user rating: 89/100 (121 votes)
According to the introductory note, "Ju-On" is a curse left behind by someone who dies in a powerful rage -- a part haunting, part supernatural virus that infects anyone who comes into contact with it. More than just the premise, that's the plot in a nutshell.
Volunteer social worker Rika (Megumi Okina) stumbles across the curse when she finds an almost catatonic old woman in a shambles of a home, a spooky little boy with a froggy voice and a veritable black hole of a phantom that seems to be sucking the life from the old lady. The story then jumps back and forth along the timeline in a series of chapters named for the characters haunted and hunted by the unsettled souls.
- The original 2000 "Ju-on" and its 2000 "Ju-on 2" sequel were direct-to-video releases that became a surprise hit in Japan.
- In 2003, director Takashi Shimizu along with mentor Kiyoshi Kurosawa released theatrical versions titled Ju-on: The Grudge and Ju-on: The Grudge 2.
- That same year, 2003, rights were sold to film a U.S. remake of Ju-on: The Grudge.
- Related titles:
- Ju-on (2000)
- Ju-on 2 (2000)
- Ju-on: The Grudge (2003)
- Ju-on: The Grudge 2 (2003)
- Ju-on: Black Ghost | Ju-on: Kuroi Shoujo (2009)
- Ju-on: White Ghost | Ju-on: Shiroi Roujo (2009)
- Ju-on: The Beginning of the End | Juon - Owari no Hajimari (2014)
- Ju-on: The Final Curse | Ju-on Za Fuiinaru (2015)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers