Current user rating: 25/100 (1 votes)
- Movie: Jam Docu GANGJUNG
- Revised romanization: Jam Docu GANGJUNG
- Hangul: Jam Docu 강정
- Director: Kyung-Soon, Kim Tae-Il, Kwon Hyo, Yang Dong-Gyu, Jung Yoon-Suk, Choiha Dongha, Choi Jin-Seong, Hong Hyung-Sook
- Producer: Kim Dong-Hyun, Kim Il-Kwon, Ahn Bo-Young, Kim Hyung-Ok
- Release Date: December 22, 2011
- Runtime: 104 min.
- Genre: Documentary
- Distributor: CinemaDal
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Gangjeong Village is located in the southernmost part of Seogwipo City on Jeju Island. The scenic village was designated as a conservation area by UNESCO. No one ever expected that a navel base could be built in such a beautiful village.
In 2007, the Korean Navy announced that they needed a base in the southern part of Jeju Island. The Korean Navy also explained that the proposed naval base would bring about positive economic effects for the village. Since that announcement, residents of Gangjeong have been split over whether to have the naval base. The battle to have the naval base continued through the summer of 2011 when 8 film directors arrived on Jeju Island.
- Filming took place from June 27, 2011 to September 30, 2011.
- 2013 documentary "Jeju Prayer" also examines the navy base near Gangjeong Village.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers