Current user rating: 92/100 (15 votes)
- Movie: Fig Tree's Forest (literal title)
- Romaji: Ichijiku no Mori
- Japanese: 無花果の森
- Director: Tomoyuki Furumaya
- Writer: Mariko Koike (novel), Makoto Hayashi
- Release Date: June 14, 2014
- Runtime: 108 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A young Korean man named Young-Ho (Yoon Hak) arrives in Japan to study. He wants to become a journalist, but now works as a paparazzi at a magazine publisher. Young-Ho chases after a domestic violence story involving world famous conductor Yoshihiko Shintani (Masaki Miura) and his wife Izumi (Natsuki Harada). The wife then abandons everything to run away from her husband. Izumi flees to a village and lives with an old female painter named Yaeko Tenbo (Kyoko Enami) as a housekeeper.
One day, Young-Ho and Izumi happen to meet again. When they meet, Young-Ho is being chased by the police. The light shines on Izumi when she hears Young-Ho say “I want to protect you.”
- Based on novel "Ichijiku no Mori" by Mariko Koike (published June, 2011 by Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Inc.).
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers