Current user rating: 92/100 (17 votes)
- Movie: Himawari -Okinawa wa Wasurenai, Ano Nichi no Sora o-
- Romaji: Himawari -Okinawa wa Wasurenai,Ano Nichi no Sora o-
- Japanese: ひまわり~沖縄は忘れない、あの日の空を~
- Director: Yoshihiro Oikawa
- Writer: Sadatoshi Ohshiro, Kota Yamada, Yoshiko Ginoza
- Producer: Hatsue Motomura, Katsumasa Morita, Sozaburo Katsura
- Cinematographer: Yonezo Maeda
- Release Date: January 26, 2013
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A U.S. helicopter crashes and explodes onto a classroom in Okinawa International University. Because of the incident, Ryota Yamashiro (Kyozo Nagatsuka) thinks back to the blue sky of Okinawa 52 years ago.
Ryota is in the 6th grade of Miyamori Elementary School. He plays with his friends Shigeru, Yutaka and other classmates. Hiroko Miyagi is transferred to his class, which makes Ryota happy. Under the blue sky in Okinawa, residents live peacefully.
Then on June 30, 1959, a U.S. jet fighter becomes engulfed in flames and crashes into a residential area where Ryota's elementary school is situated. The screaming children flee from the scene. Ryota tries to help Hiroko, but Hiroko is already dead.
Now in 2012, Ryota, who is now a widower, lives in his daughter's home. His grandchild Ryuichi (Kenta Suga) is a university student. Ryuichi begins a report on the 1959 fallen U.S. jet fighter incident with his colleagues. The bereaved families in the Miyamori area of Okinawa still suffer. Ryuichi decides to hold a peace and sky concert, but problems occur for Ryuichi .
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers