Current user rating: 93/100 (8 votes)
- Movie: And Then There Was Light (English title) / Light (literal title)
- Romaji: Hikari
- Japanese: 光
- Director: Tatsushi Omori
- Writer: Shion Miura (novel)
- Cinematographer: Kenji Maki
- Release Date: November 25, 2017
- Runtime: 137 min.
- Genre: Drama / Suspense
- Distributor: Phantom Film
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
When Nobuyuki (Arata Iura) was a middle school student, he lived on the remote island Mihama. One evening, he committed a crime to protect his classmate/girlfriend Mika (later played by Kyoko Hasegawa). The next day, a fierce tsunami struck the island. Nobuyuki, Mika and their friend Tasuku (later played by Eita), along with several adults, survived.
25 years later, Tasuku appears in front of Nobuyuki, who is now married to Namiko (Manami Hashimoto) and has one child.
- Based on the novel "Hikari" by Shion Miura (published November, 2008 by Shueisha).
- Director Tatsushi Omori previously directed movies "Tada's Do-It-All House" and "Tada's Do-It-All House: Disconcerto" which are also based on novels by Shion Miura and stars Eita.
- Filming began August 20, 2016 and finished September 27, 2016.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers