Current user rating: 85/100 (58 votes)
- Movie: Higanjima
- Romaji: Higanjima
- Japanese: 彼岸島
- Korean: 피안도 (Piando)
- Director: Kim Tae-Gyun
- Writer: Koji Matsumoto (manga), Tetsuya Oishi
- Producer: Choji Miyake, Lee Joon-Ho
- Cinematography: Shinji Kugimiya
- World Premiere: October 9, 2009 (Pusan International Film Festival)
- Release Date: January 9, 2010 (Japan)
- Runtime: 122 min.
- Genre: Horror / Suspense
- Distributor: Warner Bros.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan, South Korea
In Higanjima, a man and his friends travel to a mysterious island in search of his vanished brother. The island turns out to be inhabited by vampires.
- Based on manga series "Higanjima" by Koji Matsumoto (published in Young Magazine from 2002-2010).
- Filming commenced October, 2008 with a scheduled 2nd half of 2009 release.
- Related titles:
- Higanjima (2010)
- Higanjima (TBS-MBS / 2013)
- Hideo Ishiguro - Akira Miyamoto
- Dai Watanabe - Atsushi Miyamoto
- Miori Takimoto - Yuki
- Asami Mizukawa - Aoyama Rei
- Koji Yamamoto
- Fumito Moriwaki
- Osamu Adachi
- Ayako Omura
- 2009 (14th) Pusan International Film Festival - October 8th-16th - Midnight Passion (World Premiere)
- 2010 (14th) Fantasia Film Festival - July 8-28 *Canadian Premiere
- 2010 (43rd) Sitges Film Festival - October 7-14 - Casa Àsia