Current user rating: 90/100 (15 votes)
- Movie: Here Comes the Bride, My Mom!
- Romaji: Okan no Yomeiri
- Japanese: オカンの嫁入り
- Director: Mipo O
- Writer: Tsukine Sakuno (novel), Mipo O
- Producer: Tamotsu Shiina, Takayuki Sugisaki, Atsunori Yamaguchi
- Cinematographer: Shohei Tanikawa
- Release Date: September 4, 2010
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Drama / Comedy
- Distributor: Kadokawa Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
45-year-old nurse and mother Yoko (Shinobu Otake) lives with her only daughter Tsukiko (Aoi Miyazaki). The duo has a tight relationship that resembles more best friends rather than mother & daughter. Tsukiko's father passed away before she was born & since that time Yoko has always stated Tsukiko's father would be the first and last man she will marry.
One evening, Yoko (Shinobu Otake), who is drunk, brings home 30 year old Kenji Hattori (Kenta Kiritani) and they both sleep outside on the porch. The next morning, Tsukiko becomes confused by the situation and becomes even confused when her mother announces that she will marry the much younger Kenji Hattori. Kenji, who has dyed blond hair, used to be a chef, but doesn't currently hold a job.
Tsukiko is shocked by the situation and runs over to her neighbor/landlord Saku's (Moeko Ezawa) home. Tsukiko then shuts herself off from her mother and her new boyfriend. Meanwhile, people around them try to repair Yoko and Tsukiko's relationship, but there's also a secret between Yoko & Tsukiko ...
- Movie is set in Osaka, Japan.
- Press conference was held on January 16th, 2010 in Kyoto, Japan, announcing the film.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers