Happiness for Sale
Current user rating: 89/100 (125 votes)
- Movie: Happiness for Sale (English title) / Mi-Na Stationary (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Mi-Na Moonbanggoo
- Hangul: 미나 문방구
- Director: Jung Ik-Hwan
- Writer: Bae Se-Young, Jung Ik-Hwan
- Producer: Kim Chul-Woong, Kim Ho-Se
- Cinematographer: Jung Suk-Won
- Release Date: May 16, 2013
- Runtime: 106 min.
- Genre: Drama / Comedy / Father & Daughter / School
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Mi-Na (Choi Gang-Hee) works as a tax collector in Seoul. She learns that her father has been recently hospitalized back in her hometown of Muju. Her father runs a small stationary store there named Mi-Na's Stationary. Mi-Na then contacts a real estate agent in Muju to sell her father's stationary store. The real estate agent though insists she come to Muju to sell the store, but Mi-Na has no desire to return to her small hometown. Mi-Na grew up there as an outcast and doesn't look fondly back at her childhood. Things change though after Mi-Na breaks up with her boyfriend, who was cheating on her, and then gets suspended from her job for intentionally ramming her car into another car.
On her way home from her last day at work, she receives a phone call from people who lent money to her father and also the real estate agent back in Muju. The real estate agent again asks her to come to Muju. Since Mi-Na now has two months of free time, she finally decides to go there to sell her father's stationary store. The decrepit old store has now been closed for an extended period of time and Mi-Na now has to bring it back to life to sell it once and for all.
Meanwhile, Kang-Ho (Bong Tae-Gyu) returns to Muju to work as an elementary school teacher. He grew up there and had only one friend.
- Filming began September, 2012 and finished November 25, 2012. Last scene filmed took place at an elementary school in Gyeongju, South Korea. The last scene filmed involves an autumn school field day for the elementary school.
|Choi Gang-Hee||Bong Tae-Gyu||Joo Jin-Mo||Park Sa-Rang||Goo Seung-Hyun|
|Kang Mi-Na||Choi Kang-Ho||Kang Bong-Geun (Mi-Na's dad)||Kang Mi-Na (child)||Choi Kang-Ho (child)|
|Kim Won-Hae||Kwon Hae-Hyo||Park Young-Gyu||Lim Won-Hee|
|candy/snack salesman||Kang Mi-Na's boss||Lee Jae-Geun||man at city hall stealing coins|
Additional Cast Members:
- Jeong Gyu-Su - Real Estate Agent Bae
- Kim Dan-Yul - Seo-Jin
- Kim Young-Sun - Seo-Jin's mother
- Yang Han-Yol - Tae-Kwon
- Jo Ha-Suk - Tae-Kwon's dad
- Uhm Ji-Sung - Oh-Sung
- Jung Joon-Won - Eung-Chul
- Hwang Jae-Won - Oh-Sung's younger brother
- Kim Seo-Ra - Principle
- Kim Seung-Hoon - Kang Mi-Na's co-worker/ex-boyfriend
- Lee Se-Rang - middle-aged woman 1
- Park Sun-Hee - middle-aged woman 2
- Kim Ji-Young - kindergarten student
- Jung Min-Sung - man in married couple
- So Hee-Jung - woman in married couple
- Kim Cho-Eun