Current user rating: 91/100 (315 votes)
Located on the Southeast of the Korean peninsula is the international city of Busan. A popular vacation spot on the East Sea coast, Haeundae draws one milion visitors to its beaches every year. Man-sik, a native of Haeundae, went deep-sea fishing four years before and lost a co-workier in a tsunami; he has never returned. He now leads a simple life running a small sushi shop and is preparing to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Yeon-hee. While these seemingly banal domestic affairs unfold, geologist, an expert on tsunami research, discovers the East Sea is showing signs of activity similar to the Indian Ocean at the time of the 2004 tsunami. Despite his warnings, the Disaster Prevention Agency affirms that Korea is in no harm of being hit. When he discovers a super tsunami starting in Tsushima, Japan is headed stratight for the Korean peninsula, he quickly heads down to Haeundae. Eventually, Kim gets a call about a deadly oncoming wave, with only ten minutes to spare. While the vacationers and citizens of Busan are enjoying a peaceful, hot summer day, a super-tsunami is headed straight for Haeundae.
- "Haeundae" opened #1 at the South Korean box office selling 1.1 million tickets on 869 screens (58.7% of all ticket sales) during its opening July 24th - July 26th weekend.
- On August 24th, 2009 "Haeundae" became the 5th South Korean film to ever pass the 10 million viewer mark.
- A pirated copy of "Haeundae" was discovered on a Korean P2P website around 11 AM on August 29th, 2009. Although movie company officials were able to delete some of the movie files, the pirated copy was still downloaded more than a 100,000 times within the next 3 hours. Company officials at CJ Entertainment and movie director Je-gyun Yun expressed their disappointment as the movie is about to be released in several key foreign markets (China, U.S., & other South East Asian regions). 
- During the Sept. 11-13th, 2009 weekend, "Haeundae" moved past "Silmido" to become the 4th most watched movie ever in South Korea.
- Haeundae sold a total of 11,396,842 tickets through its theatrical run, becoming the fourth highest grossing South Korean film at that time.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers
- CJ, '해운대' 불법유출에 법적대응…윤제균 감독 "참담" "Mydaily," August 30, 2009.
- '해운대' 불법유출 CJ 수사의뢰..관계자들 비통 "Osen News," August 30, 2009.