Current user rating: 92/100 (152 votes)
In 1998, the fishing vessel Jeonjiho goes out to sea to catch fish. The ships fails to catch fish as they hoped. The ship's owner then informs Captain Kang (Kim Yun-Seok) that he is going to sell the ship. Captain Kang can't let that happen and decides to buy the boat himself, but he is unable to get financing anywhere. Captain Kang then agrees to transport Chinese-Korean stowaways from the sea back to the port. The other crew members including Dong-Sik (Park Yoo-Chun) & Chang-Wook (Lee Hee-Joon) are freaked out about the captain's plan, but they agree to go along with it.
During a stormy night, the fishing vessel Jeonjiho stops in the middle of ocean and allows another boat to transfer its stowaways onto their ship. A young woman, Hong-Mae (Han Ye-Ri), falls into the ocean, but Dong-Sik jumps into the water to save her. Their nightmare journey begins.
- Movie is based on the 2007 stage play "Hae Moo," which is itself based on a true story. The incident occurred October 7, 2001 near Yeosu, South korea. 
- Song Joong-Ki was originally offered the role of Dong-Sik, but decided to fulfill his 2 year military enlistment.
- Filming began October 6, 2013 and finished February 27, 2014.
- Movie sold to Japan, France, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore at the 2014 Cannes Film Market.
- "Haemoo" has been selected by the Korean Film Council as South Korea's entry for the "Best Foreign Language Film" section at the 87th Academy Award (February 22, 2015).
Additional Cast Members:
- 2014 (39th) Toronto International Film Festival - September 4-14, 2014 - Gala Presentations *International Premiere
- 2014 (33rd) Vancouver International Film Festival - Sept. 25-Oct. 10, 2014 - Dragons and Tigers
- 2014 (10th) Fantastic Fest - September 18-25, 2014 *U.S. Premiere
- 2014 (62nd) San Sebastian International Film Festival - September 19-27, 2014 - Official Selection
- 2014 (19th) Busan International Film Festival - Oct. 2-11, 2014 - Korean Cinema Today: Panorama
- 2014 (9th) Korean Film Festival In Paris - October 28-November 4, 2014 - Opening
- 2014 (34th) Hawaii International Film Festival - Oct. 30-Nov. 9, 2014 - Spotlight on Korea *Hawaii Premiere
- 2014 (14th) Marrakech International Film Festival - Dec. 5-13, 2014 - Films in Competition
- 2015 (33rd) Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival - April 7-19, 2015 - Thriller Competition *Belgian Premiere
- 2015 (19th) Fantasia Film Festival - July 14-Aug. 5, 2015 *Quebec Premiere
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers