Current user rating: 94/100 (149 votes)
- Movie: Gegege no Kitaro: Kitaro and the Millennium Curse
- Romaji: Gegege no Kitaro: Sennen noroi uta
- Japanese: ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 千年呪い歌
- Director: Katsuhide Motoki
- Assistant Director: Masanori Inoue
- Writer: Shigeru Mizuki
- Released: July 12, 2008
- Runtime: 115 min.
- Distributor: Shochiku Co.,Ltd.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Young women disappear one after another in drizzling rain. They all hear the “cursed song” of the Cage Song before they vanish into thin air. Kitaro and his friends investigate these mysterious cases when they meet Kaede Hiramoto, a high school girl who finds herself involved in this mystery. With the help from the librarian of Yokai Library, they find out that the curse was caused by an evil Yokai that was released from 1,000 years of sealing. To save Kaede, they are to gather the 5 ancient musical instruments and perform the ritual to seal the evil Yokai again, which has to be done within 48 hours!
In search for the ancient instruments, Kitaro and his buddies depart for three different points that the ancient map indicates Kitaro & Kaede head to “sky”, the sacred mountain in Hakone, Cat-girl and Ratman head to “land”, Mt. Takao, and Sand Witch and Old Cry Baby head to the “ocean” off the coast of Miura peninsula.
Will Kitaro be able to stop the curse, protect Kaede and the human beings from the evil Yokai, and also, overcome his destiny?
- Based on the 1959-1969 manga series "Hakaba Kitaro" by Shigeru Mizuki.
- Title character, Kitaro, is Yokai (supernatural spirit) who protects humans against evil Yokai.
- Related titles:
- Gegege no Kitaro (2007)
- Gegege no Kitaro: Kitaro and the Millennium Curse (2008)
- Gegege no Kitaro: Nihon Bakuretsu!! (2008) * animated
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers