Current user rating: 72/100 (3 votes)
- Movie: Fukushima Hula Girls
- Romaji: Ganbappe fura gâruzu! Fukushima ni ikiru kanojotachi no ima
- Japanese: がんばっぺ フラガール! ~フクシマに生きる。彼女たちのいま~
- Director: Masaki Kobayashi
- Producer: Hitomi Ishihara
- Cinematographer: Makoto Yoshida
- Release Date: October 29, 2011
- Runtime: 102 min.
- Genre: Documentary
- Production Company: Asmik Ace Entertainment, TV Man Union
- Distributor: Asmik Ace Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
The Hawaiian Spa Resort in Iwaki, Fukushima prefecture, was heavily damaged by the 2011 Tohoku earthquake. This documentary accompanies their famous Hula dance troupe at their tour through Japan and shows the rebuilding of the resort. The film team also goes with one of the dancers to her former home in the evacuated zone near the Fukushima I nuclear power plant.
- Other titles depicting the "Spa Resort Hawaiians" in Fukushima, Japan.
- Hula Girls (2006)
- Fukushima Hula Girls | Ganbappe fura garuzu! Fukushima ni ikiru kanojotachi no ima (2011)
- Hula Girl to Inu no Choco (TV Tokyo / 2015)