Dream High 2
Current user rating: 91/100 (6865 votes)
- TV Show: Dream High 2
- Revised romanization: Deurim Hai 2
- Hangul: 드림하이 2
- Director: Lee Eung-Bok, Mo Wan-Il
- Writer: Heo Sung-Hye, Jang Eun-Mi
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: January 30, 2012 -- March 20, 2012
- Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Kirin High School of Art has been taken over by Oz Entertainment because of financial bankruptcy. Oz Entertainment then transfers over its own idol stars to Kirin High to avoid a law requiring under age entertainers to study for a set time. Competition then brews between troubled students at Kirin High School of Art and then newly transfered idols from Oz Entertainment.
Shin Hae-Sung (Kang So-Ra) enters Kirin High School of Art with a high written exam score, but poor performance scores. She then meets fellow students Jin Yoo-Jin (Jinwoon) and JB (JB), who makes her realize how fun music can be. Jin Yoo-Jin acted when he was a young child. Now, he is a troubled student dreaming of becoming a rock star. He attempts to cure his pain caused by his parent's divorce through music.
(ep.1) Rian (Park Ji-Yeon) is schooting a scene with an actor. Rian's performance is poor, but her manager quickly takes her to her next appointment. They don't have much time, due to a new law taking effect that day that requires underage entertainers to study 20 hours a week and work no later than 10 PM.
At a TV station, Hyun Ji-Soo (Kahi) from Oz Ontertainment and staff members for the TV music program waits for idol boy band Eden to arrive. JB (JB) gets there on time, but his partner from Eden, Si-Woo (Park Seo-Joon), is late. Today is their first time performing a song from their new album. Hyun Ji-Soo insists Eden should appear last on the music program, but staff members say it's risky due to the new law. A couple of minutes before 10 PM, Si-Woo finally arrives. Si-Woo tells JB to listen to this song on his music player.
Meanwhile, Shin Hae-Sung (Kang So-Ra) is in the audience, waiting to see Eden perform. Shin Hae-Sung then sneaks into the backstage area to get autographs. In the hallway, she bumps into boy band Eden. JB walks away from her, but then turns back around to ask Shin Hae-Sung to lock Oz Entertainment President Lee Kang-Chul (Kim Jung-Tae) in his room. While Shin Hae-Sung is doing her best to lock Lee kang-Chul's door, Eden goes on stage and performs. It's now past 10 PM. Eden has broken the new law for underage entertainers.
Jin Yoo-Jin (Jinwoon) is performing on the street with a street band. Two policemen then ask to see Jin Yoo-Jin's ID. Minors now can't even perform on the streets after 10 PM. Jin Yoo-Jin tells the cops that he will get his ID out of his bag and proceeds to flee from the cops.
In front of the dormitory at Kirin High School of Art, Jin Yoo-Jin throws a small rock at a window, but nobody wakes up. He then sees Shin Hae-Sung tippy-toeing to the backdoor. Jin Yoo-Jin follows her. Shin Hae-Sung has a key for the door and they are able to go inside. Shin Hae-Sung is then caught by teacher Yang Jin-Min (Park Jin-Young), while Jin Yoo-Jin is able to flee.
Eden member JB enters the office of Oz Entertainment. Lee Kang-Chul, the president of OZ Entertainment, tells JB that because of their performance the other night, Eden and idol girl group HershE are now banned from the TV station. JB tells Lee Kang-Chul that their new song is copied from another song and if they perform the song, Eden will become a joke. JB also tells Lee Kang-Chul that he wants to perform solo and is sick of taking care of Si-Woo. Lee Kang-Chul tells JB he can perform solo in 6 months. Meanwhile, Eden partner Si-Woo is outside of the office and hears their conversation. JB and Si-Woo begin to argue.
OZ Entertainment President Lee Kang-Chul has now taken over Kirin High School, to have cover for his idol groups from the new underage entertainer law and so that his groups can perform overseas. Kirin High School of Art has gone through three years of neglect and mismanagement since Joo Jung-Wan (Kwon Hae-Hyo) became the school's principle.
Meanwhile, Shin Hae-Sung goes to Oz Entertainment for an audition. Because of the new law, staff members pass over all of the underage candidates. Oz Enterianment employee Hyun Ji-Soo also tells Shin Hae-Sung that her singing sucks. In the hallway at Oz Entertainment, Shin Hae-Sung then sees a poster for a singer-songwriter contest. The contest doesn't have any age restrictions, so Shin Hae-Sung decides to apply for the contest.
Later, Shin Hae-Sung has dinner with her father, who is a minister in Cheongju. Her father wants Shin Hae-Sung to become a minister like him and enter the seminary. Shin Hae-Sung runs out of the restaurant and back to Kirin High School of Art.
The next day at Kirin High, Shin Hae-Sung asks Jin Yoo-Jin to edit some music she made for the singer-songwriter contest. Jin Yoo-Jin is good at producing music and even sells his music to other students needing it for their homework. Jin Yoo-Jin finally agrees to edit her music, but only if he thinks it's any good. After listening to her music, Jin Yoo-Jin tells her he doesn't want to work on her music and looks down on her for aspiring to become an idol singer.
Oz Entertainment President Lee Kang-Chul takes Eden member JB to Kirin High. Lee Kang-Chul goes to the principle room and tells Principal Joo Jung-Wan that he has now taken ownership of Kirin High. JB walks around the campus and eventually stands outside of the school's studio. He overhears the conversation between Jin Yoo-Jin and Shin Hae-Sung.
JB thinks back to his past when he auditioned to enter Kirin High School of Art. At that time, Jin Yoo-Jin and Eden meber JB were in the same room waiting to have their audition. In front of the principle, Jin Yoo-Jin was confident in his music abilities and desire to play rock music. JB, on the other hand, was noticeably shaky and mentioned that he wanted to become an idol singer. Because of that, Jin Yoo-Jin looked down on JB. Now, JB goes into the studio to confront Jin Yoo-Jin.
- Storyline for "Dream High Season 2" will follow new students at Dream High.
- Casting for "Dream High Season 2" is expected to finish sometime during the middle of November, 2011. Filming is expected to begin December, 2011.
- Talent agencies SM Entertainment, KEYEAST and JYP Entertainment are working together to produce the drama series.
- On November 24, 2011 SM Entertainment announced they were dropping out of the production for "Dream High 2" due to the busy schedules of their artists.
- "Dream High Season 2" takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Brain" and will be replaced by "Love Rain" on March 26, 2012.
- Filming began December 15, 2011 in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
- On December 17, 2011 a first screenplay reading took place at a restaurant in Gangnam, Seoul.
- Episode 1 will feature a cameo appearance by band "BandToxic," winners KBS2 music program "Top Band" and actor Kim Soo-Hyun, the lead actor from season 1 of "Dream High". Kim Soo-Hyun's character is now a world famous K-pop star and has become the first Korean winner at the Grammy Awards.
- Episode 1 will also feature a cameo apperance by singer/actress IU who played Kim Pil-Suk in season 1. Her appearance involves main female character Shin Hae-Sung who goes to a broadcasting station to watch idol boy band Eden perform. At the station she meets Kirin High alumni Pil-Suk and asks for her autograph. Actress IU's cameo occurred by chance when she stopped by the filming set to say hello and was then asked to film the cameo appearance.
- Episode 9 singer Yeeun from girl group "Wonder Girls" makes a cameo appearance playing herself. In the episode, Yeeun encourages Hae-Sung (Kang So-Ra) to become more confident.
- Episode 15 features the guest appearance of Bae Suzy and the other members of girl group "Miss A". Bae Suzy will play herself and encourage the performance of "Super Idol" the formed group from Kirin High.
- Related titles:
- Dream High (KBS2 / 2011)
students @ Kirin High
|Kang So-Ra||Jinwoon||Park Ji-Yeon||Hyorin||Ailee|
|Shin Hae-Sung||Jin Yoo-Jin||Rian||Nana||Ailee|
|JB||Park Seo-Joon||Yoo So-Young||Kim Ji-Soo||Jr|
|JB||Si-Woo||Park Soon-Dong||Park Hong-Joo||Jung Ui-Bong|
faculty @ Kirin High
|Kim Jung-Tae||Kwon Hae-Hyo||Park Jin-Young||Choi Yeo-Jin||Kahi|
|Lee kang-Chul||Joo Jung-Wan||Yang Jin-Man||Ahn Tae-Yeon||Hyun Ji-Soo|
Additional Cast Members:
- Yoon Hee-Seok - Composer Shin Jae-In
- Kim Soo-Hyun - Top star who plays a character Song Sam-Dong (ep.1)
- IU - Kim Pil-Suk (ep.1)
- BandToxic - cameo (ep.1)
- MY NAME - Idol boy group (ep.2)
- PSY - marine camp trainer (ep.5)
- Yeeun - Yeeun (ep.9)
- Bae Suzy - Suzy (ep.15)
- Miss A - (ep.15)
|2012-01-31||2||8.9% (19th)||10.1% (15th)|
Source: TNS Media Korea / * NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea.