Dr. Wai in 'The Scripture with No Words'
Current user rating: 95/100 (8 votes)
- Movie: Dr. Wai in 'The Scripture with No Word's
- Chinese: 冒险王 (Mo him wong)
- Director: Siu-Tung Ching
- Writer: Lun Ah, Sandy Shaw, Chuek-Hon Szeto
- Producer: Tiffany Chen, Tsai Mu Ho
- Cinematographer: Tom Lau
- Release Date: March 14, 1996
- Runtime: 86 min
- Language: Mandarin
- Country: China
Chow Si-Kit (Jet Li) is a novelist suffering from chronic writers block and plagued by marital problems - his wife (Rosamund Kwan) is about to divorce him for being such a loser. He finds sanctuary in his fictional world where he is an archaeologist adventurer – repeatedly saving the day against the odds.
Meanwhile Shing (Takeshi Kaneshiro) is an eager young writer who befriends Chow Si-Kit and tries his best to support him in his marital troubles and help break his writer's block. When that effort is unsuccessful, he enlists the aid of Yvonne (Charlie Yeung), a pretty young colleague, and together they begin to ghost write the adventure of Dr. Wai and the Scripture With No Words.
- Jet Li - Chow Si-Kit
- Takeshi Kaneshiro - Shing
- Charlie Yeung - Yvonne
- Rosamund Kwan - Monica Kwan / Cammy
- Collin Chou - The Movie Star / Hung Sing (as Sing Ngai)
- Billy Chow - Chan / Japanese Embassy Guard
- Johnny Kong
- Kar-Ying Law - Headmaster