Current user rating: 94/100 (1493 votes)
- Drama: Dr. Jin
- Revised romanization: Dakteo Jin
- Hangul: 닥터진
- Director: Han Hee
- Writer: Motoka Murakami (manga), Han Ji-Hoon, Jeon Hyeon-Jin
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 22
- Release Date: May 26, 2012 - August 12, 2012
- Runtime: Saturdays & Sundays 21:45
- Genre: Medical / Fantasy / Romance / Time Travel / Period
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Dr. Jin-Hyuk (Song Seung-Heon) is a gifted doctor who was born in a family of doctors. Jin-Hyuk is confident and fully aware that he is the best neurosurgeon. His success rate hovers at 100%. Due to his talents and success, Jin-Hyuk is unable to understand how others fail. His girlfriend is Yoo Mi-Na (Park Min-Young). Unlike Jin-Hyuk, she is bright and unable to ignore those in need.
Jin-Hyuk awakes in the forest at night. He sees a group of people wearing traditional clothing and fighting each other with swords. At first, Jin-Hyuk thinks he is on a filming set, but soon finds himself surrounded by the men and realizes it is real. Military officer Kim Kyung-Tak (Kim Jae-Joong) gives an order to catch Jin-Hyuk. Jin-Hyuk runs from the men and is saved by Lee Ha-Weung (Lee Beom-Soo). Jin-Hyuk tells himself 'I have to go back'.
The next moment, Jin-Hyuk is back in the hospital and receives a phone call that he has to perform surgery. During the operation, Jin-Hyuk hears the words 'I have to go back' and his head begins to hurt, but he ignores the pain. He soon discovers a fetus inside the man's brain. Due to the rarity of the situation, Jin-Hyuk keeps the fetus for later examination.
Jin-Hyuk plans to propose to his girlfriend Yoo Mi-Na. While Yoo Mi-Na is doing volunteer work to provide medical care for the poor she sees a man that collapses. Yoo-Na takes the man to the emergency room and contacts Jin-Hyuk. D. Jin-Hyuk tells Yoo-Na that the man won't survive. Yoo-Na becomes upset and drives off. While still in view of Dr. Jin-Hyuk, Yoo-Na gets into a car accident. Jin-Hyuk performs surgery on Yoo-Na. During the operation he again hears the words "I have to go back."
Later, Jin-Hyuk is in anguish and stands on the rooftop of the hospital. A man walks onto the rooftop. He's the patient that Dr. Jin-Hyuk performed surgery on and had the fetus in his brain. The man is now carrying medical tools and the fetus. A struggle ensues between Jin-Hyuk and the man. Jin-Hyuk falls off the building with the medical tools. The next moment, Dr. Jin-Hyuk finds himself in the Joseon Period once again.
Jin-Hyuk is soon chased by the police in the Joseon Period and, while being chased, he sees a woman who looks exactly like Yoo Mi-Na. Jin-Hyuk follows the woman ...
- Based on the manga "Jin" by Motoka Murakami (published by by-weekly manga magazine Super Jump from 2000-2010).
- "Dr. Jin" takes over the MBC Saturdays & Sundays 21:45 time slot previously occupied by "Feast of the Gods" and will be replaced by "May Queen" on August 18, 2012.
- Filming begins April 21, 2012.
- First scene filmed took place at a university hospital in Gangwon Province. The scene involved surgeon Jin Hyuk (Song Seung-Heon) and doctor Yoo Mi-Na (Park Min-Young) as they meet for the first time.
- Ep. 21, originally scheduled to air Saturday August 4th, 2012, will air Sunday August 5th, 2012 due to the London Olympics.
- Related titles:
|Song Seung-Heon||Park Min-Young||Kim Jae-Joong||Lee Beom-Soo||Lee So-Yeon|
|Jin Hyuk||Hong Young-Rae/Yoo Mi-Na||Kim Kyung-Tak||Lee Ha-Weung||Choon-Hong|
|Jin Lee-Han||Kim Hye-Ok||Kim Eung-Soo||Kim Il-Woo||Jeong Eun-Pyo|
|Hong Young-Whee||Young-Rae's mom||Kim Byung-Hee||Yoo Hong-Pil||Heo Gwang|
|Lee Won-Jong||Kim Kwang-Sik||Kim Myeong-Su||Kim Byeong-Chun||Jung Hye-Sun|
|Joo Pal Yi||Kke Bok Yi||Kim Dae-Gyun||Kim Byung-Ok||King's mother Jo|
|Noble man Lee|
Additional Cast Members:
- Yoon Joo-Hee - Gye-Hyang
- Lee Seung-Jun - Kwon Ik-Joo
- Jo Mi-Ryung - linen shop owner
- No Eul - Yeon-Sim
- Kim Byeong-Se - King Cheoljong
- Ha Soo-Ho - Teacher Kang
- Jang Yeong-Nam - Noble woman Jo
- Lee Hyung-Suk - King Gojong
- Fabien Yoon - Priest Liddell
- Jo Woo-Jin - Deuk-Chil
- Seo Dong-Hyun - Kim Kyung-Tak (young)
|2012-05-26||1||10.7% (6th)||13.5% (4th)||12.2% (4th)||14.1% (3rd)|
|2012-05-27||2||10.2% (9th)||11.4% (7th)||11.8% (7th)||13.2% (5th)|
|2012-06-02||3||13.8% (4th)||16.1% (2nd)||14% (3rd)||16.5% (3rd)|
|2012-06-03||4||13.6% (6th)||16.5% (5th)||14.4% (5th)||16.3% (5th)|
|2012-06-09||5||13.5% (4th)||15.6% (3rd)||13.6% (3rd)||15.3% (3rd)|
|2012-06-10||6||14.2% (6th)||16.5% (5th)||13.8% (5th)||15.5% (5th)|
|2012-06-16||7||14.4% (3rd)||14.7% (4th)||14.5% (3rd)||16.1% (3rd)|
|2012-06-17||8||13.3% (6th)||15.1% (6th)||14.0% (5th)||16.3% (5th)|
|2012-06-23||9||13.2% (4th)||15.6% (3rd)||13.1% (4th)||14.8% (3rd)|
|2012-06-24||10||13.9% (5th)||16.1% (5th)||12.7% (6th)||14.2% (5th)|
|2012-06-30||11||13.0% (6th)||14.3% (5th)||13.0% (4th)||14.9% (4th)|
|2012-07-01||12||14.2% (6th)||14.8% (5th)||12.4% (7th)||13.7% (5th)|
|2012-07-07||13||12.8% (6th)||13.7% (4th)||12.8% (5th)||13.5% (5th)|
|2012-07-08||14||13.6% (7th)||14.2% (6th)||13.2% (6th)||14.8% (5th)|
|2012-07-14||15||12.9% (9th)||13.6% (10th)||12.1% (6th)||13.3% (5th)|
|2012-07-15||16||13.0% (10th)||13.8% (9th)||11.9% (9th)||13.4% (7th)|
|2012-07-21||17||12.5% (6th)||13.0% (7th)||11.4% (6th)||12.6% (6th)|
|2012-07-22||18||12.4% (10th)||13.7% (6th)||11.0% (10th)||12.4% (9th)|
|2012-07-28||19||14.7% (8th)||16.3% (6th)||13.7% (4th)||14.9% (3rd)|
|2012-07-29||20||11.6% (13th)||12.4% (12th)||11.8% (6th)||13.0% (6th)|
|2012-08-05||21||12.1% (16th)||12.2% (17th)||13.4% (6th)||15.0% (6th)|
- NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielson.