Current user rating: 97/100 (7 votes)
- Movie: Devils on the Doorstep
- Chinese: 鬼子来了 (Guizi lai le)
- Director: Wen Jiang
- Writer: Wen Jiang, Ping Shu, Fengwei You, Haiying Li, Xing Liu
- Producer: Ping Dong, Wen Jiang, Quangang Zheng
- Cinematographer: Changwei Gu
- Release Date: May 12, 2000 (Cannes)
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Language: Mandarin
- Country: China
During the Japanese occupation of China, two prisoners (a Japanese soldier & Chinese translator for the Japanese) are dumped in a peasant's home in a small town. The owner is bullied into keeping the prisoners for 5 days, until the next New Year, at which time they will be collected. The village leaders convene to interrogate the prisoners. The townspeople then struggle to accommodate the prisoners. One is a bellicose Japanese nationalist, the other a nervous translator. Will the townspeople manage to keep the prisoners until the New Year?
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers